Friday, March 26, 2010

[Freedom!]

I think I did fairly well on my test today, and that's the last of my Medical class, hopefully for good! I can finally be at ease and devote my full attention to all my projects and stuff. It feels so good to be free of it.

First thing I've gotta do is contact my dad and ask about the car rental deal. I need to eventually contact my uncle Steve to see if he can't help me cut those acrylic sheets in a way that doesn't melt them, but tomorrow is his birthday and he will probably be preoccupied for the weekend, so if anything I will have to wait until I find out what his plans for the week are. If it continues that he has no time to help, I'll just use the dremel and deal with the melting to the best of my ability. I might have to remake Kay-chan's axe because the plaster was not my friend. I can try to save it but I don't have high hopes for it. I feel so awful about it - she did such a good job and I really screwed the pooch. I have been consistently failing at the one job in this group that I have, makes me feel like crap. I won't give up though... >_< When I remake that axe I'll make it even better somehow. I know it can be done.

My Velvet wig is on the way and I need to order the stocking/tights thingies and the garters too. I already want to start brainstorming on my Ravenclaw ideas but the better part of me knows I shouldn't get ahead of myself. I have 2 other costume ideas on reserve for Fanime and then next year, I'm not even sure what I'll do. The more I think about trying to cosplay Asellus the more I feel like I should wait. Her costume is fairly complicated and I want to make it out of the perfect materials with every detail as close to perfect as I can get it. I've actually wanted to have it just professionally tailored for a few years now, I don't even really want to make it myself. I don't know though. I'll see how I feel about it next year. One thing is for sure, though, it can be NOTHING like any of the costumes I've already made, where it's falling apart at the seams or it just gets sloppy. For the first time in my life I want a costume I make to have EVERYTHING functional, especially because Asellus is a cosplay that means so much to me.

Anyway that's for the distant future. For now I've got a butt-load of Odin Sphere stuff to worry about... and I'm totally okay with that. :3

P.S. Fixed my blog layout finally! :D

2 comments:

Angelique said...

I totally agree with getting Asellus professionally tailored. Because if even one tiny thing is wrong with it, you won't be hating me. >_>
:D

Keika Strife said...

I would not and could not hate you for your assistance, regardless of the results. And I'm annoyed at the fact that I can't word what I'm thinking properly right now so I'm just going to give up. >:|