Sunday, June 6, 2010

[Fanime.]

I feel kind of bad that Fanime has come and gone and I haven't made a post saying anything about it. Truth be told there was a lot of drama towards the beginning, and this was put on top of the fact that I already wasn't happy with the shape I was in wearing Velvet's outfit (or lack thereof >_>). The last two days of the trip were enjoyable though, but it still doesn't feel like Fanime even happened. There's like a hole where the con should have been and it doesn't feel filled. Oh well though. Now we'll be on to bigger and better things.

After seeing pictures of myself this year I have decided this was the last year that I will be cosplaying characters that show stomach. I feel miserable regardless of what anyone says about it, miserable to such an extent that this is the first year I have specifically and intentionally AVOIDED finding pictures of myself from the con. Don't whine or try to encourage me back into it... or anything like that. My mind is made up and I would be happier about it if it was no longer mentioned.

That said I hope I can find more characters that are covered AND have giant props again. This year marked a lot of lows for me and I just want to do everything differently next year. Everything. This is what I learned:

I CANNOT cosplay a character without bangs. It just looks awful on me, and I can't be convinced otherwise.
I can no longer cosplay characters with tummy showing.
I need to lean more towards props that will detract for what I lack in other areas as a cosplayer.
No cosplaying characters with long hair. As much as I dislike having long hair, I like having a long wig on even less.
No masquerades. Especially if it's with a large group.
Get over irrational fear of mirrors and really pay attention to where a photographer should hopefully be standing? Maybe?
Cosplay things that I really want to do, don't just cosplay for the group. Ignore begging at all costs if the cosplay even seems REMOTELY iffy, as I have better and more important things to spend my money on.

Kind of a list of some pretty negative things but honestly, I need to list these negatives so I can make positives out of them, otherwise all the disappointment and discomfort from this past year will have been a complete waste, and I won't allow that.

Anyway, negative Nancy out.

1 comments:

buy cosplay wigs said...

LOL, Really wanna see your new cosplay photos :)