Sunday, May 23, 2010

[Exhaustion.]

Seriously, I got a lot of stuff done today... a loooooot of stuff. No pictures (get over it) because A) I'm too tired, and B) because what I finished is a collection of pieces that won't look like much until they're put together. Luckily for me putting them together won't take that long. Most of MY costumes are 90+% finished. While I could finish them tomorrow, I'm spending every minute of free time I have to rebuild Kay-chan's Chidori axe and draw out the designs on Lindsey's Titania dress for her to finish painting on (I did the first half yesterday which took a grueling 6 hours, and then realized that I just did NOT have enough time to do that, then finish my stuff, then help finish Kay-chan's wings and Ne-chan's Gwendolyn armor, then the props and blah blah blah.) Then when I finish those things I can put all the small pieces I have left together, and HOPEFULLY be done with all my stuff by Wednesday.

Phew though! My luck today was finally turning around and not a moment too soon. I woke up this morning at 10:15 and didn't STOP, not to pee, or eat, or anything, until like 5:30 - 6:00 pm, then I stopped for like 10-15 minutes to cook a meal for Ne-chan and I and eat, and then I worked some more until 8:30, and finally decided I was exhausted and couldn't fit anything else in today without dying. So yeah.
Finished my Aegis headphones pretty much, just need to glue the actual ear muffs onto the headband and everything.
Cut out all the stars for Velvet's hood and painted them.
Found some mardi-gras beads for Velvet's head that were perfect, thank God I saved them.
Sculpted the head of Gwendolyn's spear (which took two hours but it looks really nice and I'm proud of it. I don't get to say that too often :X)
Cut out my Flareon ears and put wires into them to help them stay up. All I need to do is have my mom sew the fabric around what I made and Flareon will be finished.
Painted half of Lindsey's Titania dress.
Drew Boopy's fairy wings for her.

I'm sure there were other things I did this weekend but those are all I can remember right now. Lots of work finished. Dx The deadline is at least feasible at this point. On Thursday I'll be picking up my dad's Lincoln Navigator and then Friday morning we leave for Fanime! I feel scared to get excited because I've got more work to do, but somewhere deep down excitement is wanting to come up. I have a feeling these next few days are going to feel like only a few seconds. Wish me insane amounts of luck, you guys! XD

3 comments:

Angelique said...

We can do it!!! YAY. T_T

Sheik said...

XD Yaaay! I'm glad you got a lot of work done!! I've done a lot of small things that are DANG time consuming...and then it seems like I did nothing cause they are small details..but they take a while. Grrr. ANYWAY.........

I'm getting more and more excited/nervous for fanime!!! My palms are even sweaty right now...wtheck.. XD

Keika Strife said...

Yeah, a lot of stuff I got done today was an accumulation of time-consuming small things too... it didn't feel like I got half as much done today as yesterday. Weh. Oh well though, I'm still closer today than I was before and it's certainly better than nothing. :3